On my 36th birthday here’s thirty-six blessings in my life…some need no explanation & some may! These are in no particular order…
- The outdoors. Recently, I have grown to love the outdoors and am thankful to live in one of the most parts of the northwest. Hiking and seeing these beautiful, God-created scenes have been incredible! I wonder why I’ve waited so long to do it?
- My dad. He is steadfast and faithful and for that I am grateful.
- My circle of friends. They are the perfect mix of awesomeness, love, hilarity, sports enthusiasts and all things awesome (I said awesome twice on purpose)!
- Basketball. The NBA (professional basketball) playoffs are always in full swing on my birthday and this year is no different! I love me some basketball.
- My oldest brother, Samuel. He is my hero, my basketball guru and an incredible example of faithfulness.
- The Douglas County Evangelical Fellowship. I am blessed to have a group of pastors & ministers that pray for me and with me for our community. I love this local group of pastors & ministers and am so grateful how it has encouraged me greatly.
- Philippians 1:12. I know this was written by the Apostle Paul to the church at Philippi but I have adopted these words as my own… “But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel,” Philippians 1:12 (NKJV)
- My mom. She is sweet and loving.
- The elders at First Christian Church. I’m blessed to serve alongside these men and am grateful for their wisdom, counsel and friendship.
- Darren Dickson. I am so blessed to work alongside this man. His friendship, wisdom and genuine love for God and others is an inspiration. I look forward to serving for many years with him.
- My adult bible class on Sunday mornings. This group has been a huge blessing to me and have been blessed by the laughter, wisdom and teaching shared every Sunday morning.
- My older brother, Stephen. His smile is contagious and he is my encourager and my inspiration.
- My cousins. Trust me. They’re the best.
- Applebee’s. This needs no explanation.
- Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds from Blue Diamond. If you haven’ tried them, you are missing out!
- My sister-in-law, Candice. She is a sweet spirit, a kind heart and an amazing mom to my niece.
- Downtown Roseburg. I love the location of our church and my office.
- God’s relentless pursuit. God never gives up on us. Even when we are tempted to give on Him, He still pursues us. I love that.
- My best friends. I hope each of you have the opportunity once in your life to have best friends like I have found in the last few years. They challenge me, motivate me, laugh with me, cry with me, walk with me when I’m scared, run with me when I’m inspired and are with me whenever I need them. One of them also happens to make the best strawberry cake I’ve ever had! You see that picture at the top of the blog? Yup…it’s all mine 😀 !
- My church family. Serving them as pastor is the great privilege and honor of my life. I cannot express enough what a joy it is and how grateful I am for this opportunity.
- My Fitbit. Last week’s blog was devoted to my Fitbit. I do love my Fitbit.
- The Roseburg Rescue Mission. The mission will always be a special part of my life.
- Amazon prime. Seriously…2-day shipping?
- My sister, Kamala. She is my counselor, my friend and my wisdom.
- YouVersion Bible App. I must open this app a dozen times a day at least. It’s easy to use and so convenient! If you have never used it, try it out! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
- Spotify. Best music listening app I’ve found.
- Josie. My sweet and precious niece! She fills my heart with joy :).
- Smartphones. Yup. In the day and age we live…this definitely made the list.
- Friday courthouse prayer. On the first Friday of the month a group of believers meet in one of the rooms at the Douglas County courthouse to pray for our community. It’s so encouraging to be a part of something so unique. Believers from different churches all coming together to pray for our community, our pastors, our churches…I blessed to be a part of this group.
- Youth Group. We have a great group of young people in our church’s youth group and am so thankful for the times I get to hang out with them!
- Emmett. My nephew…I am so excited to see the kind of young man he’s turning into. God has something really special planned for his life and am grateful to be his uncle.
- The Food Network. This needs no explanation.
- Chai tea. Trust me. Have a cup of chai today…you’ll be glad you did.
- God’s restorative grace. We are never too far from God’s grace. I love that.
- Tori. My niece…such a gifted, talented young woman. I’m so encouraged by her capacity to love and her sweet spirit.
- God’s remarkable forgiveness. Have you experienced God’s forgiveness in your life? If you haven’t…give me a call! I’d love to share with you how to have a personal relationship with Him
Until next time…