Praying for our Youth Missions Trip
This Saturday morning our Youth Missions team will be arriving in Mexico City after traveling through the night from Roseburg, Oregon. We will be serving the children and staff of Niño’s de Mexico. Through our youth group’s fundraising efforts as well as through the gifts of our generous church family, our youth group has raised the necessary funds to participate on this year’s Missions Trip. Niño’s de Mexico is a non-profit mission organization supported by churches and individuals from the United States.
The Mexico City area is one of the largest urban areas in the world with tens of millions of residents. In the city limits alone there are hundreds of thousands of street children that have been abandoned, orphaned and many times abused. Niño’s de Mexico operates six homes for children in the Mexico City area and each home is designed to function as a family. There are house parents, that are believers, and the orphans themselves (usually about a dozen children). For more information about this beautiful ministry visit their website here.
So, how can you pray for our Youth Missions Team over the next couple of weeks?
- Pray for our Youth Leaders (myself, Pastor Darren Dickson & Dana Hooper) that we will be able to provide strong leadership to our youth.
- Pray for our teenagers that they will have a sweet spirit while serving and representing our Savior & our church.
- Pray for the health and safety of both the Youth Leaders and our teenagers. The elevation difference can cause nausea and stomach illness so please pray that we would be well-hydrated and well-rested for the duration of the trip.
- Pray for the children & staff of Niño’s de Mexico that God would bless the mightily and they will see the love of God in our team.
- Pray for souls to come to Christ and that lives will be changed.
- Pray for the individual team members: Jewelianna Barbosa, Kylie Bleigh, Gabe Buford, Tyler Harris, Jenner Heggstrom, Sadie Hooper, Simon Hooper and Jasmine Marin.
- Also be in prayer for our Youth Missions Sunday on August 28th @ 10:40am. This is the Sunday where our team will share how God worked in their lives and give a report of the work that we were able to do in Mexico City. The service will feature worship led by our youth and testimonies given by our young people. It will be one of the most enjoyable services of our summer!
Thank you for your prayers!
If you’d like to stay updated on the trip as it’s happening feel free to check out my Facebook page during the trip where we will post pictures & videos and give updates to our trip!
Until next time…