Easter Prayer Guide 2019
Dear Church Family,
Thank you so much for partnering with us in prayer for Easter Sunday. This prayer guide was specifically designed to help us pray for our Easter Service on Sunday, April 21st. A few years ago I asked John & Robin Prather to help us pray by writing this guide. There are five sections in the guide. Each of them have a prayer focus, some Bible verses and a guide to help you pray for each focus. Use this as we enter the Easter Season, during our Week of Prayer and during our 24-Hours of Prayer. More than ever, I’m looking forward to God hearing and answering our prayers as we pray together! God bless you!
~ Pastor Daniel
Praying for Myself
If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear. But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me! ~ Psalms 66:18-20 (NKJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. ~ I John 1:9 (NIV)
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)
- Confess any sins, addictions and habits and ask God for His complete forgiveness.
- Ask God to reveal any anger, resentment or hurts toward others that you have not made right.
- Ask God to remove the anxiousness and worry you may have in your life in the following areas: physical, emotional, relational, spiritual, financial.
Praying for My Family & Friends
As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. ~ I Samuel 2:23a (NIV)
Listen, people of Israel! The Lord our God is the only Lord. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. Always remember these commands I give you today. Teach them to your children, and talk about them when you sit at home and walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them down and tie them to your hands as a sign. Tie them on your forehead to remind you, and write them on your doors and gates. ~ Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (NCV)
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~ Romans 8:31-32, 35-39 (NIV)
- Pray for family members and friends who need salvation.
- Pray for loved ones to come back to the love of God.
- Pray for marriages that need healing & strengthening.
- Pray for our children and youth to grow in the knowledge of God; pray for those in school & college to have wisdom & direction.
- Pray for the physical and mental needs of loved ones.
- Pray for healed relationships within our church family.
- Pray for wisdom in financial decisions.
- Pray for jobs and housing needs to be fulfilled.
Praying for My Church Family
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. ~ Romans 12:9-18 (NKJV)
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. ~ 2 Thessalonians 3:1 (NIV)
- Pray that our church will be a house of prayer.
- Pray that pastors, elders, staff & teachers will study and teach God’s Word in truth.
- Pray every believer will pray and read His word daily.
- Pray every believer will know and use their spiritual gift to serve one another.
- Pray that we will love and encourage one another.
- Pray that our church has all the resources it needs to further the work of the ministry.
- Pray that we will nurture our children and youth in the love and truth of Jesus.
- Pray for the unity of pastors & churches in our county.
- Pray for the unity of all believers.
- Pray that we will tell our community of His love and His salvation
Praying for My Community
You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
~ Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)
- Pray that unbelievers will see that only Jesus can take care of their needs.
- Pray that those addicted (to drugs, alcohol, pornography and other habits) will come to the Lord and that He will free them of these addictions.
- Pray that marriages and families torn apart because of these addictions will be restored and come to Christ.
- Pray for the safety and health of foster children and the families that take them in.
- Pray for the safety and welfare of the homeless and the mentally ill in Douglas County.
- Pray for those in Juvenile Hall or Douglas County Jail to learn of your love through the Bibles and through chaplains that are available to them.
- Pray for those living an ungodly lifestyle to recognize their sin and come to the Savior.
- Pray for those that are pregnant to be healthy strong moms and to value the life of the unborn.
- Pray for organizations in our community that serve the physical, emotional and spiritual needs: Roseburg Rescue Mission, Samaritan’s Inn, Salvation Army & Hope Clinic for Women.
- Pray for teachers and students that are believers to be a bright light in our schools.
- Pray for the safety and strength of 1st Responders and Law Enforcement Officials.
- Pray for the wisdom of our city and county officials
- Pray for our judges and legal system to deal fairly and wisely.
- Pray for businesses to thrive opening the door for more industry in our community.
Praying for our Easter Sunday
…and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. ~ Mark 16:18 (ESV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, ~ John 3:16-19a (NIV)
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! ~ Luke 24:1-6a (NIV)
- Pray that our invitations will reach the hands of those who are eager and ready to come to church.
- Pray for our greeters as they welcome everyone on Easter.
- Pray that our Pancake Breakfast will be well-received and provide a great time of fellowship.
- Pray for Arlene, Loretta & our children’s department workers.
- Pray for the staff and the youth department as they prepare for the Easter Egg Hunt & the special Children’s Church.
- Pray for our worship team & musicians that they will be well-rested & well-prepared to lead our church family in worship.
- Pray for our choir to sing well and with great joy.
- Pray for Pastor Daniel as he studies and prepares to preach on Easter Sunday. Pray he is filled with the Holy Spirit and that the message he preaches will be clear, relevant, authentic and powerful. Pray that the truth of the Gospel will cause people to make a decision for Christ.
We’re look forward to seeing God move mightily this Easter. Thank you for partnering with one another in prayer.